Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Are we crazy? Maybe.


June 30, 2008

Ok, maybe I’m crazy. I’ll admit that first. Are we ready to adopt again? Yes, I believe so. Do others believe that? Not everyone. But that’s ok. What I do know for sure is that I feel God’s calling, and when I feel His calling, I want to act. Another thing I know, there are too many kids out there without a family. Ours isn’t perfect by no stretch of the imagination, but it is better than the alternative for these kids. I believe every family (in whatever way) should do everything within its power to see to it that no child goes without a loving home. The Bible supports in over 40 scriptures, God's approval of adoption. He encourages and instructs us to be carriers of the fatherless. Adopting a child is a huge step and one that should not (and cannot) be taken lightly. It requires a special type of individual and marriage to take in a child and care for them and not everyone is equipped to do so. What most do not realize is that if they feel drawn to adopt a child, God has already chosen them to be an adoptive parent. The mere existence of such a drive should reassure us that God has a plan in our lives for adoption. We should recognize it, thank God for it, and pursue it without fear of failure because God is in control. Fearing the things of this earth will only lead to stress, anxiety, and a lack of self-confidence. In the Bible there are several scriptures that address how Christians should approach every decision they make objectively, with self-control, and within obedience to God's will, and the decision to adopt is no different. We should adopt without fear of failure, but with confidence in knowing that God has led us to this decision. But that does not always drive away that fear. If you've studied the Word closely, prayed earnestly for answers, and given yourself over to the Lord in complete acceptance of His decision; Satan will plant doubt, confusion, and frustration within your mind if you’re not careful. I know that we will face hardships, I know that we will get aggravated at the slow pace, I know that we will face opposition and questioning from those that don’t understand our decision. But more importantly, I know that God is on our side and I know without a doubt that He is in control. God smiles upon couples that make this important decision not out of selfishness or with high expectations, but out of love and in obedience to His word and He will bless those that give of their heart.


2 comments:

  1. Yes Tim, you are crazy. Just dont start talking to your self!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just copied part of your post to save as a reminder that God has called us to adopt and that He is ever in charge. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete